Pan Fried Fillet of Sea Bass Vielleneuve-Loubet
on Crushed Blue Potato with Warm Sauce Vierge
(By Jamie Yardley, Executive Chef, Brocket Hall Hotel, Hertfordshire)
- 450g blanched, peeled & diced Salad Blue / Highland Burgundy heritage potatoes
- 550g blanched, peeled & diced Ratte/Pink Fir Apple heritage potatoes
- 1 fillet of sea bass per person
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 25g chopped parsley, Chervil & Chives mixed
- 2 Finely diced shallots
- 150g salted butter
- 25g white truffle oil
- 20g diced, fresh truffle (optional)
- ½ teaspoon crushed mustard seeds
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 100g fresh, diced tomatoes
- 100mls olive oil Drizzle of balsamic syrup Chopped chervil, basil leaves, chives, shallots.
- Sweat shallots, butter & oil until soft, add potatoes.
- Place lid on pan, reduce heat.
- Cook with lid on, stir carefully, trying not to break up too much and check for tenderness.
- Pan fry the sea bass skin side down, until chestnut brown.
- When soft to bite, add lemon juice, chopped truffle and herbs, season to taste.
- Press into a ring to serve. Remove ring and serve with pan fried sea bass and warm vierge sauce.
- For the sauce - Warm all ingredients in a pan at about 40 - 50 degrees